Historic Review – Orange Coast Community College
The Orange County College District, as part of its campus planning, commissioned a Historic Structures Report to address historic value and condition, non-structural and structural, of about 20 buildings. We contributed structural findings and recommendations to the report that included:
- Examination of each building in the scope of the project. This was accomplished in three days with a team of six engineers during a school break.
- Condition of each structure and structural components, including conditions of deterioration and compliance with and deviations from available reference drawings.
- Structural analysis of each building was performed using ASCE 31 Tier 1 analysis and screening methods. Checklists included the Basic Structural Checklist, Supplemental Structural Checklist, Basic Nonstructural Component Checklist, Intermediate Nonstructural Component Checklist and the Geologic Site Hazards and Foundations Checklist.
- For each building, the report contained written description of structure, conditions observed, photo documentation with key map, results of structural evaluations, non-complying conditions, and recommendations for correction of significant seismic deficiencies.
- Owing to a schedule required by the College District, we completed the investigation and report in three months.
Costa Mesa, CA
Owner: Los Angeles Community College District